On Tuesday 20 April 2010 19:20:22 Michael wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 20. April 2010 18:45:50 schrieb Bruce Dubbs:
> > Dr.-Ing. Edgar Alwers wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I built a linux from scratch with KDE-4.4.1 and it is running smootly
> > > on my box Nr.1. Then I restored the image of this system to a box
> > > Nr.2, which has another graphic card etc. I decided to recompile the
> > > kernel in box 2 after booting to console. To my surprise, the building
> > > process stops with an error "kernel/power/snapshot.c:1546: error:
> > > expected expression before ';' token".
> >
> > Did you look at the source?  On my latest, that line is:
> >
> > info->version_code = LINUX_VERSION_CODE;
> >
> > That indicates to me that LINUX_VERSION_CODE is not defined on your
> > system.  I don't know where that define is made.
> >
> >   -- Bruce
>
> /usr/include/linux/version.h:#define LINUX_VERSION_CODE 132640

Hi Bruce, Michael,

I found version.h, the definition was commented out. I deleted the comment "#",
but the result is the same.  Error 1 at the same statement.
Definitivly, this seems to be a big bug in the kernel code ? I _never_ before
had to make the simplest change to the kernel-code. It is supposed to be the
"holly gral" of linux, only to be touched by Linus himselv ? Where are we
arriving ?  ;-)

Serious: help very appreciated ! If I cannot more build the kernel, I am at
the very end of my installation!

Edgar