> Hi boys and girls!
>
> I haven't installed printer a long time,
> so maybe I'm having just a noobish problem.
>
> So I have an epson printer attached to my pc,
> cups-1.4.4 is working and i've installed gutenprint.
>
> The system can't find the printer.
>
> $ lpinfo -v
> direct scsi
> network lpd
> network ipp
> network socket
> network http
>
> I've read about the usblp issue, and the support is
> not compiled in the kernel.
> sys.log shows that the printer is recognized.
>
> Do you have any suggestion?
>
> Regards,
> bendeguz
> --
I've added my comments to the end of
http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/ticket/3159

Basically, usblp is a module, no libusb, no hal, no messing around.
What *seems* to be different in my case is that I'm still installing
the 24-usb udev rule in /etc/udev/rules.d.

We used to do that, and I'd altered my scripts to install it if it was
 missing (for clfs), and not noticed that LFS no longer installed it
(until I checked my logs to comment on that ticket).

ĸen

--
After tragedy, and farce, "OMG poneys!"