On Wed, 6 Oct 2010 18:29:31 -0400
linux fan <linuxscra...@gmail.com> wrote:

> It has always been hard enough to install cups. I don't see that there
> was a need for it to be made more so.
> --
I managed for some years to "forget" cups: always warking, no problems,
beatifull. Then, I upgraded my Linux from Scratch to KDE-4.5, and problems
started. no printer on the net ( I couldnt see it ) but working smoothly on the
connecting PC. I presume a permission issue.  I killed the Avahi daemon ( last
thing I had installed ), and, voila, the printer was again there. No problems
since than.

I do not know what is the issue, perhaps this can help, perhaps somebody can
instruct me what was happening. Until know, I have to recognize, I was not able
to crack the authorization problems in my box.

Cheers
Edgar

--
Dr.-Ing. Edgar Alwers <edgaralw...@gmx.de>