On 06/11/2012 03:18 PM, Fernando de Oliveira wrote:
> On 28-04-2012 13:12, Armin K. wrote:>  On 04/28/2012 04:49 PM, Fernando de
> Oliveira wrote:
>>> On 28-04-2012 07:18, Armin K. wrote:
> [...]
>
>>> Problem solved:
>>>
>>> $ evince&   echo $?
>>> [1] 14992
>>> 0
>>>
>>> What I did:
>>>
>>> cd /usr/lib/gio/modules
>>> ln -sv /opt/gnome/lib/gio/modules/libdconfsettings.so
>>> ln -sv /opt/gnome/lib/gio/modules/libgsettingsgconfbackend.la
>>> ln -sv /opt/gnome/lib/gio/modules/libgsettingsgconfbackend.so
>>>
>>> Haven't tested if just libdconfsettings.so would do.
>>>
>>> No dbus launched session, tested and problem remained.
>>>
>>> I believe it could be done like this:
>>>
>>> mv -vi  /opt/gnome/lib/gio/modules/*.{so,la} /usr/lib/gio/modules,
>>> rm -vrf /opt/gnome/lib/gio/modules
>>> ln -sv /usr/lib/gio/modules /opt/gnome/lib/gio/modules
>>>
>>> But did not have the courage for it.
>>>
>>> Have tried before installing dconf in /usr, and worked too, of course, but
>>> reverted to /opt/gnome and used the solution described above.
>>>
>>> Thanks very much again!!
>>>
>> Hm, this is the glib's fault. There is no way to add or change gio
>> modules path at runtime. It is, however, possible to do that at build
>> time of glib. I see 3 packages install gio modules - glib-networking,
>> dconf and gvfs. If we switch to GNOME_PREFIX again, we will need to
>> install those into /usr, or symlink them.
>>
> I have no idea, but now evince saves, as should, even the windows size!
>
> Armin, I cannot find your mail where you listed based on this discussion
> some file locations that could/should be modified. I also forgot to
> check what you decided to do. Have you effectively committed the
> modifications?

Gee, I forgot what was all this about. I'm sorry, I won't support Gnome
installed anywhere but in /usr since some files must be installed in
/usr hierarchy, mostly dbus and polkit configuration, gio modules, pkcs
modules, telepathy modules and possibly
$GNOME_PREFIX/usr/share/icons/hicolor since hicolor-icon-theme is
installed in /usr and it results in no index.theme file in mentioned
location.