On Thu, Nov 01, 2012 at 10:08:25PM +0530, James Pinto wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have got the output of the files/commands that you mentioned.
>
>  cat /etc/xdg/autostart/caribou-autostart.desktop
> /dev/sda7 / ext3 rw 0 0
> proc /proc proc rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev 0 0
> sysfs /sys sysfs rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev 0 0

 I dread to think what you have in /etc/fstab 8)

 Unless you have a backup of caribou-autostart.desktop, you need to
reinstall caribou to create a sensible version of that file.  Perhaps
you should also think about what you were doing which caused some of
your fstab [ no references to swap or /dev so I guess it isn't a
copy of the full file ] to end up in a .desktop file.

 Also, you need to think about what you are posting - did you not
recognise that this was part of your fstab ?  If you did, you ought
to be able to spot that it isn't something that ought to appear in a
.desktop file : compare the other .desktop files on your system : in
general they are [Some Win-style Label] followed by text lines,
often with many translations, typically Name[xx]=some text, where xx
is a language code.

ĸen