On Tue, Nov 6, 2012 at 11:17 PM, Armin K. <kre...@email.com> wrote:

> Dana 6.11.2012 18:21, James Pinto je napisao:
> > On Tue, Nov 6, 2012 at 10:50 AM, Armin K. <kre...@email.com
> > <mailto:kre...@email.com>> wrote:
> >
> >     On 11/06/2012 06:03 AM, James Pinto wrote:
> >      >
> >      > Hi
> >      >
> >      > I have attached the gdm logs. And heres the mediafire link to
> >     them also:-
> >      >
> >      > http://www.mediafire.com/?e5ls3r420obnhf6,ja8trab1o7rxc9c
> >      >
> >      > Also heres the  output of the groups command from a *normal
> user*:-
> >      > #  groups
> >      > james video
> >      >   As root I get the the word 'root' as ouput for the command
> groups.
> >      >
> >      > I have also installed openssh and gtk-engines
> >      >
> >      > I tried startx after logging into the normal user '*james*' but I
> >     only
> >      > the the 4 xterm windows instead of going into gnome 3.
> >      >
> >      > Also the output of glxinfo as a *normal user* says Error:unable
> >     to open
> >      > graphics.
> >      >
> >      > But as *root *the output of glxinfo is :-
> >      > http://pastebin.com/94kA84ey
> >      >
> >      > Regards
> >      > --
> >
> >     Wow, that's new one.
> >
> >     I noticed few things. .xsession-errors still shows same output about
> >     gtk-engines and ssh-agent (not very important).
> >
> >     This might be a culprit for gdm failure:
> >
> >     _IceTransSocketUNIXConnect: Cannot connect to non-local host
> >     phoenixfusion
> >
> >     your "hostname" should resolve to local address (192.168.x.x,
> 10.10.x.x
> >     or 127.0.1.1)
> >
> >     What does "cat /etc/hosts" say?
> >
> >     I recommend you add your user to group "audio" as described on
> >     alsa-utils page (not related, but can help you to avoid further
> >     problems).
> >
> >     Also, you should add user "gdm" to "audio" and "video" groups as
> >     described on gdm page (if not done already).
> >
> >     Regarding glxinfo and permission denied, that is the problem why
> shell
> >     isn't starting. Please run this as normal user and post the whole
> output
> >
> >     LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose glxinfo
> >
> >     And at last, does /lib/udev/udev-acl exist? (ls -ld
> /lib/udev/udev-acl)
> >     --
> >

> > Hi
> >
> > cat /etc/hosts
> > # Begin /etc/hosts (network card version)
> > 127.0.0.1 localhost
> > 192.168.1.1 lfshome
> > # End /etc/hosts (network card version)
> >

> Alright, check if your hostname is actually lfshome by typing
> [...]

Hi

I had installed ConsoleKit-0.4.5 in the blfs Version 2012-07-10

So if I have to install
ConsoleKit-0.4.6<http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/svn/postlfs/consolekit.html>i
will have to reinstall all its dependencies again (newer versions)
even
meddle with shadow and PAM (new versions).
Is there any way I can create the file by reinstalling the same old version
of ConsoleKit-0.4.5 and configuring it?

I dont have any visible problems with network manager except that the
network icon (applet) doesnt show on the taskbar (only happens with a
normal user, it shows when logged into root), but internet works perfectly
even wifi

Im guessing maybe I have to add the user to some group....?

Apart from this I have this annoying problem with the time settings. I cant
seem to fix it. I used setclock according to the book and that fixed the
time temporarily but when I logout and login again I cant fix the time. I
cant also change the time using the graphical date and time settting option.
--
James Earnest Pinto
Director/CEO