On Thursday 24 January 2013 12:41:15 Armin K. wrote:

> You also need to make sure that your session is properly registered with
> ConsoleKit.
? How do I do that ?

> If you are doing "startx", you should build ConsoleKit with Linux PAM
> support and ConsoleKit should properly start at user login on a tty.
I built CK with PAM support. A console-kit daemon starts under the owner root
at login, but I do not know if it starts on a tty and how to do that.

> Also, you should use "ck-launch-session ...." in your .xinitrc to
> initialize your session properly.

OK. I did : exec ck-launch-session dbus-launch --exit-with-session startkde

> To verify if your consolekit session is setup correctly, issue
> ck-list-sessions

ck-list-sessions
Session1:
        unix-user = '1000'
        realname = 'edgar'
        seat = 'Seat1'
        session-type = ''
        active = TRUE
        x11-display = ':0'
        x11-display-device = '/dev/tty7'
        display-device = ''
        remote-host-name = ''
        is-local = TRUE
        on-since = '2013-01-26T20:14:29.587116Z'
        login-session-id = ''

I think, this looks normal, besides that I have not a display-device assigned.

As an overall result: I can now run system settings _as root_ and it shows me
network settings -> network connections -> wired, and it tells me, that it is
beeing used since 20 minutes. The tag "wireless" is grayed out. "System
settings" run as user does not show anything, even not the wired connection.

The networkmanagement applet says " no network interfaces" and, after
klicking:
"NetworkManager is not running. Please start it" But NM Daemon is running !

And last: nm-tool, running as user delivers:
quote
-------------
** (process:4706): WARNING **: Could not initialize NMClient
/org/freedesktop/NetworkManager: Rejected send message, 2 matched rules;
type="method_call", sender=":1.32" (uid=1000 pid=4706 comm="nm-tool ")
interface="org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties" member="GetAll" error
name="(unset)" requested_reply="0"
destination="org.freedesktop.NetworkManager" (uid=0 pid=2667
comm="/usr/sbin/NetworkManager ")

NetworkManager Tool

State: unknown

** (process:4706): WARNING **: error: could not connect to NetworkManager
----------------
unquote

running nm-tool as su delivers the data of the wired connection and tells me
that wlan0 is not availaible, seems to be very similar to system settings run
as user.

I hope you can see more than I do through this fog and can give me some more
hints. I appreciate your help.

Edgar
--

Dr.-Ing. Edgar Alwers <edgaralw...@gmx.de>