> I have had some trouble for a long time with exporting some
> environmental variables from my .bash_profile or the .bashrc
>
> Even if I manually execute those files, the variables still are not
> set. I have a echo 'path set' in files and I do see that when I do a:

You've gotten the best advice, about login vs subshells.  Don't forget
one of the most basic things--you've got to export them!  Once or twice
when I've been in a rush and thinking of other things I've forgotten,
and it's taken me even longer to diagnose.  ;-)
--
Paul Rogers
paulgrog...@fastmail.fm

                          love email again