Hi Armin:

> Chromium is browser, Chromium OS is an OS.
> http://www.chromium.org/

I can understand the confusion (perpetrated by Google, I'd say).
On that link Google talks about some sort of a generic project named
"Chromium".
but
if you read the last two lines on the left pane you'll see

"Looking for Google Chrome?"
"Download Google Chrome"

If you want to pursue this subject even further, just click on the above
link
(i.e., pretend you really want to "Download Google Chrome"), and you're
taken
to a page called "chrome" and to a final button to click named "Download
Chrome"
with a text underneath it "For Linux (Debian/Ubuntu/Fedora/openSUSE)".

Try it and you'll download "chrome" the browser.

It may surprise you (maybe even upset you) about this piece of news:
the executable on Linux is called 'chrome'.

On the other hand, if you feel more comfortable in taking to your friends
about the _"Chromium"_ browser, of course, continue doing so.
They'll understand.

-- Alex