On Sun, 2013-09-22 at 00:22 -0700, Sirsendu Roy wrote:
> Hi Akhiezer,
> I actually did what you have suggested but with same result. Before
> that problem everything was Ok.
>
> Can you please tell me how can I update the mime database or desktop
> cache, may be the problem lies there.

If you're not getting a prompt in Konsole, and based on the other
problem you had due to incorrect permissions on /dev/null, I would
suggest you have a problem with your tty or /dev/pts devices.  I think
you need to look at what recent changes you have made that would have
caused your /dev/null issue, and undo them!

Regards,

Matt.