        .

> >  - you might want to compare'n'contrast with how texlive is built in the
> > following ( slackware.org.uk , slackbuilds.org , & rlworkman are all
> > well-regarded sources):
>

> > ====
> > * http://slackware.org.uk/people/rworkman/sources/14.1/texlive/
> >   The central file is './texlive.SlackBuild'  .
> >   (NB there's 3 main tarballs; and look at e.g. what './texlive.SlackBuild'
> >    says re the '..-extra..' & '..texmf..' tarballs.
> >    NB also the patches re paths.)
> >   Same dirtree, hosted on alt server:
> >   http://slackbuilds.org/repository/14.1/office/texlive/
> > ==
> > * The 'texi2html', 'libsigsegv', & 'texscythe' (the first two are simple
> >   installs [should you need them], and you almost certainly don't need to
> >   install 'texscythe') referred to, are avail on same servers, via:
> >
> >   - http://slackware.org.uk/people/rworkman/sources/14.1/texi2html/
> >     ( == http://slackbuilds.org/repository/14.1/development/texi2html/ )
> >
> >   - http://slackware.org.uk/people/rworkman/sources/14.1/libsigsegv/
> >     ( == http://slackbuilds.org/repository/14.1/libraries/libsigsegv/ )
> >
> >   - http://slackbuilds.org/repository/14.1/misc/texscythe/
> >
> > ==
> > * ( http://slackbuilds.org/result/?search=tex&sv=14.1 )
> > ====
> >

> > (NB am not 'trying' to push this - & likewise in other threads - away from
> > b/lfs to slack: am just trying to hopefully help clarify; and the
> > external-to-blfs *nix resources that I know best, are slackware (&
> > openbsd).)
>
> That is a good idea. I will check. Meanwhile, I am on tlbuild list as
> well. I am using a binary installed Texlive on Debian 7, for the time
> being. It works fine. I might also run the Texlive installer from BLFS book.

Just to reiterate: if looking at that route, then just go direct to the
'./texlive.SlackBuild' file and skim-read it:

http://slackware.org.uk/people/rworkman/sources/14.1/texlive/texlive.SlackBuild

; it's the central point - no need to start/get-bogged-down elsewhere. And
go from there - see how the other materials hook-in from there.

rgds,
akh