On Tuesday, 21 October 2014 8:07 PM, Fernando de Oliveira <fam...@yahoo.com.br>
wrote:

On 21-10-2014 10:22, Sainadh J wrote:
> On Tuesday, 21 October 2014 6:19 PM, Fernando de Oliveira
> <fam...@yahoo.com.br> wrote:
> On 21-10-2014 08:53, Sainadh J wrote:

>> i follows BLFS 7.6 book,when i try to build xorg fonts in 24th chapter i
>> getting the following error given that below
>>

>> make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
>> make: *** No rule to make target 'install'.  Stop.
>
> These two lines mean that configure has not run successfully.
>
>> /sources/xc/font
>> /sources/xc/font/font-winitzki-cyrillic-1.0.3 /sources/xc/font
>
> This is before the last font, so, you must have many more errors before.
>
>> configure: WARNING: unrecognized options: --disable-static
>
> This is not a problem, it is in XORG_CONFIG for some other packages.
>
>> configure: error: expected an absolute directory name for --prefix: <PREFIX>
>
>> This means that you probably used

>>export XORG_PREFIX="<PREFIX>"

> hello,when completing installation of "xorg applications" i exit
> from the subshell then i go to the root user again i enterd choorot
> environment then
> continue to forther installtion i.e "xorg Fonts"when i try to
> install i getting the error which is previously given. my xorg prefix
> is "/usr".when i enter "whoami" it says "root" I can't getting the
> above error when installing the xorg applications and xorg
> libraries.i hope this information is help for you guide me.Thanks in
> advance.

>I understand that before you exited chroot, you had already installed
>applications and libraries, is that right?

>When you enter chroot again, I think (note that I am not completely
>sure) that you need to define XORG_PREFIX and XORG_CONFIG again. But I
>don't understand how you get "WARNING: unrecognized options:
>--disable-static", which seems that XORG_CONFIG is set, but XORG_PREFIX
>is not.

>Again, when you run (one after the other):

>echo $XORG_PREFIX

>find / -type d -name X11

>what do you get?

>Please, if possible, copy what is in the terminal and paste into the
>email, including the commands.

Hello,
yes your right,before i exited chroot i had alredy installed applications and
libraries.
again your right when i define xorg prefix and config after entering chroot i
installed xorg fonts successfully but the warning still apper the installation
of xorg fonts output is given bellow you can figure out the configure warning
in the below output:

"checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking build system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
checking host system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
checking for a sed that does not truncate output... /bin/sed
checking for root directory for font files... /usr/share/fonts/X11
checking for directory for Type1 files... ${FONTROOTDIR}/Type1
checking for fc-cache... /usr/bin/fc-cache
checking for mkfontdir... /usr/bin/mkfontdir
checking for mkfontscale... /usr/bin/mkfontscale
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
configure: WARNING: unrecognized options: --disable-static
make: Nothing to be done for 'all'.
make[1]: Entering directory '/sources/xc/font/font-xfree86-type1-1.0.4'
make[1]: Nothing to be done for 'install-exec-am'.
test -z "/usr/share/fonts/X11/Type1" || /bin/mkdir -p
"/usr/share/fonts/X11/Type1"
 /usr/bin/install -c -m 644 cursor.pfa '/usr/share/fonts/X11/Type1'
make  install-data-hook
make[2]: Entering directory '/sources/xc/font/font-xfree86-type1-1.0.4'
/usr/bin/mkfontscale /usr/share/fonts/X11/Type1
/usr/bin/mkfontdir /usr/share/fonts/X11/Type1
/usr/bin/fc-cache /usr/share/fonts/X11/Type1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/sources/xc/font/font-xfree86-type1-1.0.4'
make[1]: Leaving directory '/sources/xc/font/font-xfree86-type1-1.0.4'
/sources/xc/font"

here is "find / -type d -name X11" output is given below:

root [ / ]# find / -type d -name X11
/etc/X11
/usr/include/X11
/usr/lib/X11
/usr/share/fonts/X11
/usr/share/X11

Thanks now my problem is solved.but i can't find out i.e configure warning if
you know  what was i make mistake please help me.thanks in advance.

--sainadh j