<fam...@yahoo.com.br> wrote:

> On 21-10-2014 10:22, Sainadh J wrote:
>> On Tuesday, 21 October 2014 6:19 PM, Fernando de Oliveira
<fam...@yahoo.com.br> wrote:
>> On 21-10-2014 08:53, Sainadh J wrote:
>
>>> i follows BLFS 7.6 book,when i try to build xorg fonts in 24th
chapter i getting the following error given that below

>>> make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
>>> make: *** No rule to make target 'install'.  Stop.
>>
>> These two lines mean that configure has not run successfully.
>>
>>> /sources/xc/font
>>> /sources/xc/font/font-winitzki-cyrillic-1.0.3 /sources/xc/font
>>
>> This is before the last font, so, you must have many more errors before.
>>
>>> configure: WARNING: unrecognized options: --disable-static
>>
>> This is not a problem, it is in XORG_CONFIG for some other packages.
>>
>>> configure: error: expected an absolute directory name for --prefix: <PREFIX>
>>
>>> This means that you probably used
>
>>> export XORG_PREFIX="<PREFIX>"
>

>> hello,when completing installation of "xorg applications" i exit
>> from the subshell then i go to the root user again i enterd choorot
>> environment then
>> continue to forther installtion i.e "xorg Fonts"when i try to
>> install i getting the error which is previously given. my xorg prefix
>> is "/usr".when i enter "whoami" it says "root" I can't getting the
>> above error when installing the xorg applications and xorg
>> libraries.i hope this information is help for you guide me.Thanks in
>> advance.
>
>> I understand that before you exited chroot, you had already installed
>> applications and libraries, is that right?
>
>> When you enter chroot again, I think (note that I am not completely
>> sure) that you need to define XORG_PREFIX and XORG_CONFIG again. But I
>> don't understand how you get "WARNING: unrecognized options:
>> --disable-static", which seems that XORG_CONFIG is set, but XORG_PREFIX
>> is not.
>
>> Again, when you run (one after the other):
>
>> echo $XORG_PREFIX
>
>> find / -type d -name X11
>
>> what do you get?
>
>> Please, if possible, copy what is in the terminal and paste into the
>> email, including the commands.
>

> Hello,
> yes your right,before i exited chroot i had alredy installed
> applications and libraries.
> again your right when i define xorg prefix and config after entering
> chroot i installed xorg fonts successfully but the warning still apper
> the installation of xorg fonts output is given bellow you can figure out
> the configure warning in the below output:

> configure: WARNING: unrecognized options: --disable-static

> Thanks now my problem is solved.but i can't find out i.e configure
warning if you know what was i make mistake please help me.thanks in
advance.

> --sainadh j

Sainadh, I'm glad the problem is solved.

Each time check both XORG_PREFIX and XORG_CONFIG:

echo $XORG_PREFIX
echo $XORG_CONFIG

before starting to install any package having them in the instructions.

I wrote in my first reply that the warning is harmless. Comes from the
definition of XORG_CONFIG. Some packages need it, others don'tt
recognize it. And definition of XORG_CONFIG simplifies writing the book.

--
[]s,
Fernando