Le 18/11/2014 13:31, Richard a écrit :

I have a question about how to upgrade gcc.
In building LFS you first build a temporary system
of tools, including gcc, and then use those tools
to build the rest of the software. If I want to
upgrade gcc, does that mean I have to start all
over again from "scratch" and build LFS again?
Or can I just update gcc and use it to compile
firefox, without re-compiling other packages?

Richard
If you do not pass the "--disable-bootstrap" switch, this is done automagically by the gcc build system (temporary gcc only, then intermediate gcc, then final gcc). You just have to follow the gcc page on the BLFS book. Feel free to change the "--enable-languages" switch to keep only what you need, usually c and c++.

Pierre