On Wed, Feb 04, 2015 at 10:35:33PM +0000, Ken Moffat wrote:
>  I saw that xorg-server-1.17.0 has now been released, so I dropped
> that into my current qemu desktop build (I had been going to test
> 1.16.99.902 but had only done that on the real hardware).  I'm using
> the modesetting driver, which is why I was keen to test this (it is
> now part of hte server).
>
>  Seems to work ok, but in the log I found these lines:
> (II) glamor: EGL version 1.4 (DRI2):
> EGL_MESA_drm_image required.
> (EE) modeset(0): glamor initialization failed
>
>  I'm lost!  Google finds lots of links to the original proposal for
> this (from 2010, I think - it is apparently an X extension), but I
> could not find anything telling me where it comes from (Mesa, I
> suppose), nor how to enable it.  Any clues, please ?

 Answering my own question: "Read the source".  It is from the
xorg-server glamor code, using libepoxy to check which features are
available.

 In xorg-server/glamor_egl.c there are:

#define GLAMOR_CHECK_EGL_EXTENSION(EXT)  \
        if (!epoxy_has_egl_extension(glamor_egl->display, "EGL_"
#EXT)) {  \
                ErrorF("EGL_" #EXT " required.\n");  \
                return FALSE;  \
        }

 and then

GLAMOR_CHECK_EGL_EXTENSION(MESA_drm_image);

 That file correctly includes epoxy/gl.h and epoxy/egl.h.

 Within epoxy/egl.h is

#include "epoxy/egl_generated.h"

 and within that is

#define EGL_MESA_drm_image 1

 So I'll have to take this to one of the X lists, because trying to
debug that will be way above my no-pay grade.

ĸen