On 5/20/2016 4:41 AM, Simon Geard wrote:
On Thu, 2016-05-19 at 07:40 -0500, Douglas R. Reno wrote:
That is not true regarding our updates. DJ Lucas and I are committed
to ensuring that the systemd book stays up to date and a good
resource at all times. However, neither of us have touched GNOME yet.

Out of curiosity, how much actually differs between the systemd and
sysv books? I would have thought that 99% of packages would be
identical, and only trivial differences in most of the rest...

Simon.

Most of the packages are the same. We merge those updates from trunk.

Pretty much anything that has a daemon has differences, GTK+-3, Qt5, KF5, and GNOME3 (and dependencies for all of that). Also, NetworkManager, wpa_supplicant, and most networking packages.

--
Douglas R. Reno
--LFS/BLFS systemd maintainer