> Sent: Saturday, August 24, 2019 at 12:56 PM
> From: "Ken Moffat via blfs-support" <blfs-support@lists.linuxfromscratch.org>
> To: "BLFS Support List" <blfs-support@lists.linuxfromscratch.org>
> Cc: "Ken Moffat" <zarniwh...@ntlworld.com>
> Subject: Re: [blfs-support] gdm: how to use a non us keyboard?
>
> On Fri, Aug 23, 2019 at 09:39:41PM +0200, Pierre Labastie via blfs-support
> wrote:
> > Will try using obconf in lxde.
> >
> > Pierre
>
> Hi Pierre,
>
> not sure if https://issues.guix.info/issue/35118 might help for gdm.
>
> Some of the details look to be very specific to guix, but in patch 2
> localed is extracted from systemd and an xkeyboard patch is added.
>
> But all the wiring-up seems to be specific to how guix do things.
>
> ĸen
> --
> Adopted by dwarfs, brought up by dwarfs. To dwarfs I'm a dwarf, sir.
> I can do the rite of k'zakra, I know the secrets of h'ragna, I can
> ha'lk my g'rakha correctly ... I am a dwarf
> Captain Carrot Ironfoundersson (in The Fifth Elephant)
> --

Hello Pierre,

First of all I will say this, that gdm I have NEVER got to work with the
desktop environment being stored in /opt. When I was adding gnome to the very
first book that Armin and I were creating, we both tried for weeks to get it to
work, and failed. Not even the gnome developers own build tool was able to make
it work. I seriously doubt that it would be able to be made to work now. The
gnome developers are too far stuck up their own assholes for that to happen.

Please do not take this the wrong way, but I am including a screenshot of what
my settings looks like in blfs 8.4, fully working and functioning on systemd.

That is what is presented after pressing the login button. If there is no login
button there, then there is something very seriously wrong with the install. Is
gnome-settings-daemon working correctly?

Regards,

Christopher.