On 12/14/20 5:36 PM, James Read via blfs-support wrote:
I installed the gpm mouse server and ran /etc/rc.d/rc3.d/S70gpm start and got the output

   *   Starting GPM console mouse service

However, no mouse pointer appears in my terminals and the mouse doesn't seem to be working. Any ideas?

James Read

Hi James,

What are the contents of your "/etc/sysconfig/mouse" file?

You can try running mouse-test to find out what mouse type your mouse is presenting itself as, as well as what the device node is.

Also, make sure you have CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSEDEV enabled in your kernel configuration.

Also, a random tip for you - you can go to the Index and look at all of the packages that might need kernel configuration. If you're going to need audio, for example, you can find a link to the ALSA kernel configuration there.

- Doug