Hi.  Hope someone can help me.  Are there step by step instructions
available on how to burn data to a CD or DVD using Windows Media Player 10?
I really need to back up my hard drive but don't know how.

I've got a drive capable of writing to either CD's or DVD's, and I'd like to
burn data to DVD's since they will hold more.

One of my problems is that I was given instructions on how to burn audio
CD's by moving the audio files to the disc drive and then how to burn with
Windows Media player, but the way I do it, I have no idea how many songs are
too many to fit.  I just guess and either I have too many or not enough.
With an ancient version of Roxio, this was easy because I could easily tell
when I've added more than 80 Meg to the burn list, which was too much.  I
miss that program a lot.  But that was audio, and right now I'm trying to
burn data files.  I have no way of telling how much data will fit on the
disc.

And if there's a better program for saving data to a disc out there, I'd
sure like to know about it, and how it works.  This sure would be a bad time
for my hard drive to go bad.

Chris Feist - The one and only!

Visit the Blind Computing List home page at:
body of a blank message to:
http://www.jaws-users.com/BlindComputing.php
If you wish to join the JAWS Users List send a blank email to the following
address: