Hi Victor,
In a nutshell, it appears to me that this utility is aimed at getting people
to buy
a program offered at answers that work.com.
However, you can run thru the list of processes, and label them according to
the information given from the data base, or the MSKB articles.
Many of these processes have been hightlighted in computer publications such
as Smart Computing.
In the case of false positives for viruses, I ran across one instance of
this on one of my systems.
I simply entered the imformation into a search query on Google, and followed
thru with the recommendations on the Symantec website.
This utility is helpful for identifying running processes, but doesn't seem
to be geared towards the average user.
One thing for people to keep in mind here, is that running processes are not
in direct relationship to
programs that load when the operating system loads.
Running processes also include services that load when the operating system
loads.
Additionally, programs that load at startup, will not always show up in the
system tray.
The best thing for the average user to concern themselves with would be the
programs and services that are loading at startup, and not the number of
running processes. This is just my opinion.
There are a number of reputable sites that will give recommendations on
which services in Windows are safe to either disable, or set to manual
startup.
As far as the programs loading at startup, there are also some resources for
this as well.
Most programs that users have loading at startup are unnecessary, and
consume resources, since these programs are loading as a user preference.
Generally speaking, unless there are utilities specific to the brand of
computer, or it is security software, nothing else needs to load from the
startup group.
This will vary from system to system, especially between different
manufacturers.
I have 3 systems here, and I have everything in the startup group unchecked
withthe the exception of my security software on all 3.
There is no one simple straight-forward answer to cover every PC, since
everyone's
system configuration will differ according to how they use their computer,
and no two people use their computers the same.
HTH,

Richard Q. Justice
www.blind-computing.com