Hi Tammy,

I checked out the web site you sent along, and, quite frankly, the prices
seem a bit high, in my opinion.

If I were you, I would check out Staples, and Best Buy, as I believe they
are much lower in terms of pricing.

I saw many drives there for over 175, and even one that was selling at 159,
which I know is going for 129 here in Canada at Best Buy.

Another web site that was suggested was Buy.com, which is another great
source for items of this nature.  There was a sale on Terabyte drives for
just under 175 last week.

Just something you might want to consider.

One point I'd like to point out, is that if you go to the larger chain
stores like best buy and staples, they get their items at bulk discounts,
something smaller stores aren't able to do, so their prices are usually much
cheaper.

I would also like to point out that you can also get an internal hard drive
at a lower price, then purchase a hard drive enclosure for around 22 to 30
dollars, which you then take apart, then place your internal drive inside
it, and voila, it becomes an external drive.

As you may or may not know, internal drives are usually cheaper than
external drives, and they're pretty easy to assemble now a days.

You should also be prepared to format the drive before you use it, unless
the ad specifically says that it's plug and play and ready for use as soon
as you plug it in.

This may or may not affect the pricing, depending on where you buy it.

Victor

body of a blank message to:
http://www.jaws-users.com/BlindComputing.php
If you wish to join the JAWS Users List send a blank email to the following
address: