-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of DoubleLegal
Sent: Sunday, April 13, 2008 9:22 AM
To: Blind Computer Users
Subject: [Blind-Computing] Problems with Optical Recognition Software

Hello everyone,

I got a new Dell computer and a new scanner a few months back. Ever since
then, my OCR software is not working correctly.

It will only pick up a few words on a page and the rest is scrambled letters
and numbers.

I don't use Open Book. I have Text Cloner Pro, but have also noticed that in
Microsoft Office when I try to use its Character Recognition, it also
scrambles the page whether I'm scanning a document, or trying to read a .TIF
file.

I am using XP Pro, an EPSON Scanner and JAWS 8 and 9,. I have both versions
of JAWS on my computer and have tried both with no success.

Any ideas on what my problem may be?

Thanks for any help.
http://www.jaws-users.com/BlindComputing.php

 http://www.jaws-users.com/BlindComputing.php