Hi Terry,
Between the two, I would go with the Western Digital.
The only reason for me, at this point,
is reputation, they have bven around for a long time, and I have had no 
problems with them.
I haven't heard of the other brand.
HTH,
Richard Q. Justice-website owner
www.blind-computing.com
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Terry Olandese" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Friday, May 09, 2008 2:10 PM
Subject: [Blind-Computing] external hard drive help please?


Hello. My name is Terry and I have a quick question. I'm looking to buy a 
500 gb external hard drive with a usb 2.2 connection I think. I found a 
lacie, and a western digital for $107. Here is the information on both of 
them.
LACIE Design by F.A. Porsche 301103U 500GB 7200 RPM External Hard Drive - 
Retail

Price: $106.99

In Stock?  YES

To View This Item:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16822154150


Western Digital Elements WDE1U5000N 500GB 7200 RPM External Hard Drive - 
Retail

Price: $106.99

In Stock?  YES

To View This Item:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16822136080

 Does anyone know anything about these 2 drives? What drive would you 
recommend, and why? Please write off list if you would like. My email 
address is
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Thanks.
 Visit the JAWS Users List home page at:
 http://www.jaws-users.com
Visit the Blind Computing home page at:
http://www.blind-computing.com
 Address for the list archives:
 http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
 To post to this group, send email to
 [email protected]
 To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 For help from Mailman with your account Put the word help in the subject
 or body of a blank message to:
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Use the following form in order to contact the management team
 http://www.jaws-users.com/BlindComputing.php
 If you wish to join the JAWS Users List send a blank email to the
 following address:
 [EMAIL PROTECTED] 


 Visit the JAWS Users List home page at:
 http://www.jaws-users.com
Visit the Blind Computing home page at:
http://www.blind-computing.com
 Address for the list archives:
 http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
 To post to this group, send email to
 [email protected]
 To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 For help from Mailman with your account Put the word help in the subject 
 or body of a blank message to:
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Use the following form in order to contact the management team
 http://www.jaws-users.com/BlindComputing.php
 If you wish to join the JAWS Users List send a blank email to the 
 following address:
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to