I believe that on desktops, standby leaves the fans running and the ram running, where hybernate actually turns everything off. On my laptop, the fans stop running. Indeed, it appears as if everything stops running. There is no sound eminating from it. I suspect, however, that theram is somehow still on, even if limitedly.
Thanks
nimer J

Nimer M. Jaber

it
is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any
review,
reliance
upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient
is
prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete
the
material from any computer.

Website:
http://www.empowertheblind.org
Phone:
(720) (251-4530)

Maria Campbell wrote:
I wonder if it makes a difference whether one's computer is a desktop or laptop.
I turn off my laptop every night.

Sunny Day
Maria Campbell
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

O God, help me to link my littleness to Your greatness,
my faintheartedness to Your boldness,
my fear to Your faith.
Then nothing can stop me.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Hallsworth" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>