Hi Gerald, Thank you for the thoughts about sleep mode. I really appreciate it .
Nan
----- Original Message ----- From: "Gerald Levy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <blind-computing@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Monday, October 20, 2008 6:20 PM
Subject: Re: [Blind-Computing] Interesting lecture on standby/sleep

Letting your computer go into sleep mode after five hours will not harm it
and will save energy. I have my computer set to go into standby mode after
30 minutes of inactivity to conserve energy, and I shut it down at night.
However, if you want to set your computer so that it never goes into sleep
mode, go to the Power Options page of the Control Panel, tab to the standby
and hibernate combo boxes in the Power Schemes tab and make sure that both
are set to "never".

----- Original Message ----- From: "nan r" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>