Jarte works very well with all versions of JAWS.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Donald Marang" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <blind-computing@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Friday, November 28, 2008 12:19 PM
Subject: Re: [Blind-Computing] Assigning a program to open a text file.

I also did the experiment of assigning HJPad to open text files.  I have
Vista Home Premium, and it worked fine.  I do hate that dialog, since it
rarely lets me make a selection in the list!  The browse feature worked
well.

David,
I think I will try out Jart .  I have been having problems with Notepad and
JAWS 10.

Don Marang

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Griffith" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>