From: blind-computing-boun...@jaws-users.com
[mailto:blind-computing-boun...@jaws-users.com] On Behalf Of Carlene Knight
Sent: Wednesday, 07 January 2009 22:32
To: blind-computing@jaws-users.com
Subject: [Blind-Computing] JAWS has hiccups; how to reinstall

 Hi:

JAWS keeps giving me the silent treatment and when I try to do the insert
windows f4 it crashes everything that's open.  I've resorted to just using
the
insert f4 command but have had to do it about four times today.  I think a
repair is in order.  I haven't done this for years, and last time I did it
you
didn't even need the disk.  Before putting the disk back in, should I
uninstall
the current version of JAWS or could I just choose the repair option on the
disk
or do a reinstall?  How do I go about reinstalling?  Do I have to uninstall
first,and if so, how do I know what I'm doing without any speech?  Sorry for
the
stupid questions.  Thanks.

Visit the Blind Computing home page at:
 blind-computing-le...@jaws-users.com