From: "Gerald Levy" <bwaylimi...@verizon.net>
To: <blind-computing@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Monday, March 09, 2009 10:09 PM
Subject: Re: [Blind-Computing] aph clock

Yep, Talking Desktop Clock 1.0 is free and as far as I'm concerned, is
superior to APH Clock.  It has a JAWS-friendly user interface that allows
you to adjust the voice and chime settings.  You can choose from a variety
of different voices and chime sounds and adjust the speech rate and volume.
You can set the clock to announce the time at hourly, half-hourly and/or
quarter-hourly intervals. Unlike APH Clock, it chimes only once at the top
of the hour, which for me is a plus.  And you can specify starting and
ending times for the time announcements, so you can suppress them during
certain hours, like, say themiddle of the night when you're asleep.
Unfortunately, it has no alarm function.  You can download it at:

http://www.brothersoft.com/talking-desktop-clock-135149.html

Gerald