Total agreement on this part, and its developers are really big on making their program accessible.

Bruce

On Mon, 16 Mar 2009, Victor wrote:

Hi Patricia,

Forget about Adware and swing over to the Super Anti-Spyware boat, it's a
fine little steam engine, and it carries a lot of weight before it sinks.
LOL.

Anyway, on a serious note, The latest and greatest software is Super Anti
Spyware, and if you Google it, you'll get the download page within the first
few hits.

Another great one, while you're on Google, is Malwarebytes, which is all one
word.

They're fairly accessible, however, in the case of super anti spyware, the
settings dialog box is not, so you'll have to use the Jaws cursor for that,
but there really isn't much you need to change on there, save for a few
tweaks and that sort of thing.

Both these programs are fairly good at picking up malware and spyware.

You might also want to look into getting XoftSpy SE.  This one is not free,
and I occasionally have problems removing it's quarantined items, which is a
major hassle, since the program quarantines the items it finds instead of
removing them outright, so you have to go into the back-up page to get rid
of the quarantined items, but it does pick up quite a bit of stuff, and is
fairly quick at scanning your computer, despite it's shortcomings.

As for Winamp and you using 5.24, I would suggest you update to 5.35.

In my opinion, 5.35 is the best and most stable version of Winamp out there.

I have tried updating to the latest version at every turn, looking for a
better one, and at each step, I get thoroughly frustrated.

I actually uploaded a copy of Winamp version 5.35 to send space for my other
list, along with instructions on how to install for blind users, so if you
need the link and instructions, let me know and I'll post it.

I would also recommend you do that registry scan using Reg Scrub XP, or
something similar and see if that fixes the problem also.

Either way, if you need any more help, let me know, you know where to find
me.  Smile.

Victor
Co-moderator
Audio Central List