What version of the Java Access Bridge do you have? Looking at the zip contents it looks like it could be version 1.2. The latest version I have seen is 2.0 and has been around for a while. Of course, I am just guessing. Sun has always confused me with their version numbering. Their should be a link on the previously provided link for the Java runtime to download the latest Java Access Bridge as well.

Don Marang

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Griffith" <d.griff...@btinternet.com>
To: <blind-computing@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Sunday, April 26, 2009 1:42 PM
Subject: Re: [Blind-Computing] Java Access Bridge

I do have Java installed. It is there in my system tray. However I
redownloaded the installation and ran an update. At the end I received a
message that Java had been successfully updated.

I again ran the install.exe in the Java Access Bridge and again got the
message.

No Java VMs found
No Java virtual machines found which will support the Java Access
Bridge.  Search more?

Accepting the option to search more creates a bizarre error message saying
"no disc ". This error message in turn  is impossible to exit from unless
you restart your computer. I copied the Java Access Bridge folder onto the
c drive but received identical results.

User friendly this is not!
Has anybody else got any idea?

Regards