From: "Gerald Levy" <bwaylimi...@verizon.net>
To: <blind-computing@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Wednesday, April 29, 2009 12:54 PM
Subject: Re: [Blind-Computing] Fw: External Hard Drive

Okay, another dumb question.  If the drive works just by plugging it into a
USB port, how come they all come with software?  Every external drive I
checked comes with some kind of software already builtin and/or on a CD.  If
that's the case, how do you know whether this software will be JAWS
accessible before you buy?  Or is installing this software optional? It
seems to me that even though Windows will recognize the drive when it gets
plugged in, you would still need the software for the drive to work
properly.

Gerald