I stand corrected. Apparently, these commands work in Word 2007 after all. What confused me was that when I press Control-2 to select double spacing in a single-spaced document, JAWS doesn't announce the blank lines when reading it line by line with the down arrow, so it sounds like the document is still single spaced. But when the document is printed out, it clearly comes out double spaced.

Gerald

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dean Martineau" <d...@topdotenterprises.com>
To: <blind-computing@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Tuesday, June 09, 2009 1:12 PM
Subject: Re: [Blind-Computing] ***SPAM*** Re: Turnning off double spacing in MS Word 2007

Well, my results do not corroborate the statement below, using Word 2007.
For one thing, when I use the ctrl+1 and Ctrl+2 keystrokes, JAWS ins+f
immediately reports a change in the line spacing of the current paragraph.
Second, in the Word Custom Keyboard dialog, the keystrokes for Space Para1
and Space Para2 are, as they have always been, set for ctrl+1 and ctrl+2.

Dean
To find out about the week's news in adaptive technology, subscribe to Top
Tech Tidbits for Thursday by sending a blank message to
tttt-j...@topdotenterprises.com. (make sure you have 4 t's in the address!)