It was mentioned that Open Book 6 was in use on both scanners. I have Open Book 8 on mine and it works nicely. Could that upgrade help the situation?

Cliff Smales

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bob J." <rjustice...@woh.rr.com>
To: <blind-computing@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Saturday, June 13, 2009 7:46 PM
Subject: Re: [Blind-Computing] Scanner question

If both scanners work "correctly" on your PC and both scanners work
"incorrectly" on your husband's PC then the problem is not with the
scanners.

The problem lies somewhere between the scanner and the videeo display on
your husband's PC.

I suggest comparing the optional settings in the scanner-related software
between those on your PC and those on your husband's PC. If no differences
exist there, compare the drivers for the scanner between both PC's.  If no
differences exist there, compare the video drivers between both PC's. If no differences exist there, the problem is probably hardware related with your
husband's PC.

hth

Bob

----- Original Message ----- From: "Arianna Calesso" <acale...@frontiernet.net>