Hi friends,
I'm wondering if I can share an external CD, DVD drive under my network places.
I'm using a Hewlett Packard Netbook with Windows XP Pro which doesn't have a CD
or DVD drive on it and a Windows 2000 Pro on a Del desktop which has a very
slow processer. where I use the netbook computer there isn't enough room for
the external drive  to sit and I would need a 23 foot cable to make the
connection. I'd like to connect the external drive to the desktop computer and
share it on the network and use the netbook computer  to operate the external
drive. My question is, can this be done and which processer will be used to
read the CD's I'm ripping from or burning to. Both computers are connected to
the same wireless router. Any help in this dilemma would be appreciated.
Brian