Hi Chris,
Thanks for responding to my question. I got several responses as you stated, but got one with the following instructions that worked. But again I appreciate your help, but as you know there is not always one answer for any computer task.
Brian
The answer is yes. As long as both computers are seeing each other and you can access each others drives or shared documents, you can do this. As far as which processor it uses, can't really answer that one but I have done it before.

On the computer that the drive is on, go t to my computer.

Arrow to the cd/dvd drive.

Hit the windows application key.

Arrow to share and hit enter.

Check share this drive on the network.

Set your setting for what you want to be able to do with the drive, for example change files.

Save your settings and reboot the computer.

Note, It will prompt you that sharing a root of a drive is not smart or recommended, can't remember which wording, just share it anyway. You should then be able to access anything you put in that drive.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Hallsworth" <christopher...@googlemail.com>