From: blind-computing-boun...@jaws-users.com
[mailto:blind-computing-boun...@jaws-users.com] On Behalf Of Donald Marang
Sent: Thursday, September 10, 2009 9:12 AM
To: blind-computing@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [Blind-Computing] question Centinel System Driver

Thanks Mathew for performing that simple lookup.  I could not directly
respond to your email because Windows Mail thought your message was fishing!

I did notice that this software was installed as part of JAWS 11 beta!  Not
sure why JAWS needs this type of USB security!  Have they incorporated the
dongle version into JAWS 11?  I noticed this was now part of JAWS 11 because
it failed during installation.  I discovered that the only way it would
install without error was to turn off Trend Micro Security (antivirus and
firewall) software that came with my Dell.

I am very uncomfortable with this software for many reasons.  Most
importantly, I have been having USB problems on this Vista computer ever
since I installed JAWS 11 beta!  My computer keeps making those USB plug in
/ unplug sounds all the time!  my USB keyboard stops responding randomly!
Unacceptable!  I noticed that Vista or Windows 7 were not mentioned in
Mathew's link.  I know that may not be the same version installed, but it is
not a good sign.  I did go into the Device Manager and reinstall all of the
USB devices using the laptop keyboard.  That only helped for a short time.
I don't even think I need to run JAWS 11 beta for my USB keyboard to go
haywire.

I am going to report this to FS and uninstall the beta!  I wanted to play
more with ResearchIt, but being able to type is more important.  I hope
getting rid of JAWS 11 also completely removes Sentinel completely!

Don Marang