From: blind-computing-boun...@jaws-users.com
[mailto:blind-computing-boun...@jaws-users.com] On Behalf Of Donald Marang
Sent: Sunday, November 29, 2009 12:57 AM
To: blind-computing@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [Blind-Computing] display

I used a Sony laptop that had a dead, black screen for over a year.  Since
most of the time I use an USB keyboard and powered external speakers I just
kept the lid closed.  It worked great and my daughters stopped asking to
borrow my computer!  Now that I have a  working laptop, I often close the
lid and use my external speakers and USB keyboard.  The screen turns off
when closed.  I can not remember if this was something I had to change a
setting in the Power Management Control Panel to make it work this way.
However, I may need to buy a few Netbooks to stop my daughters requests.

Don Marang