I do not know if there is anything you can do about that. I do not know whether this is a new JAWS feature or a new Microsoft accessibility feature. It is supposed to make most of the toolbar areas accessible just by Tabbing around after reaching the bottom of the page. It is occasionally nice to be able to get to these areas. Most of the time it is just annoying! Especially since the focus sometimes moves to this area and I get lost. When this happens, the best way to find my way back to the page is to press F6 until it announces it is in the address bar. Then I press Shift + F6, to get back to the page. I usually then use Control + Home to get to the top of the page.

If anyone has found a better way, I would like to know about it.

Don Marang

From: "Alan & Terrie Robbins" <arobb...@nycap.rr.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 10, 2010 7:16 PM
To: "Blind-Computing" <blind-computing@jaws-users.com>
Subject: [Blind-Computing] IE 8 settings

Just wondering if there are preferred settings etc to make
JAWS most usable with IE 8? One thing I notice when tabbing
around is something called split home screen, many different
tool bars, etc. I have not changed anything but left default
settings. I would prefer simply having the web page present
and less clutter. I don't remember all this clutter with IE
6. Any suggestions folks have found helpful?

thanks
Al