From: Gerry Aubertin <gauber...@hendrickson-intl.com>
To: blind-computing@jaws-users.com
Sent: Thu, 20 May 2010 08:35:24 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: [Blind-Computing] entering data im excel 2007

Lennie:

   The movement of the cursor that is giving you this problem is not controlled
by any Jaws setting. It is a behavour of Excell itself. The good news is that
you can, to a degree, change Excel's behavour. I am including here information
that my wife was so kind as to find for me. Here it is.

Change the direction for the ENTER key
When you press TAB to enter data in several cells in a row and then press ENTER
at the end of that row, by default, the selection moves to the beginning of the
next row.

Pressing ENTER moves the selection down one cell, and pressing TAB moves the
selection one cell to the right. You cannot change the direction of the move
for the TAB key, but you can specify a different direction for the ENTER key.
Changing this setting affects the whole worksheet, any other open worksheets,
any other open workbooks, and all new workbooks.

Click the Microsoft Office Button , and then click Excel Options.
In the Advanced category, under Edit, select the After pressing Enter, move
selection check box, and then click the direction that you want in the
Direction box.

   I hope you will find this information at least partially helpful. By the
way, I fall into the "Enter" trap myself quite frequently.

Take care:

Gerry Aubertin
Programmer/Analyst
Phone: (519) 271-4840 Ext. 8807

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE - The contents of this message and the attachments are
confidential and are for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s). If you
are not an intended recipient, please immediately delete it without reading it
and without further distribution or disclosure.  Any further distribution of
this message to others is subject to this Confidentiality Notice and/or any
confidentiality agreement or non-disclosure agreement in effect that covers the
information contained in the message and any attachments.