From: blind-computing-boun...@jaws-users.com
[mailto:blind-computing-boun...@jaws-users.com] On Behalf Of Rick Justice
Sent: Wednesday, July 07, 2010 9:27 PM
To: blind-computing@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [Blind-Computing] daily tip

Power-line technology has been around for some time,
and can be used with telephones, ethernet and even speakers.
You are simply using the existing wiring in your home to carry the data
stream
from a router or such device to another device plugged into an outlet in
another area of the home.
The devices used to transmit the signal thru the electrical wires are called

bridges,
and a typivcal setup would be as follows:
computer A, is connected to a router by an ethernet cable.
another cable is connected to the router and a network bridge, which is
plugged into an electrical outlet.
computer B,
is connected to another bridge in another location, which is plugged into a
standard electrical outlet.
Data is transferred from one device to another using the house wiring
instead of making long runs of ethernet cable.
A person would have to research the technology to get more specific info.
These days, wireless options are less expensive and easier to setup.
HTH,