When should I use either?
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Wayne Scott
  To: blind-computing@jaws-users.com
  Sent: Friday, July 16, 2010 9:29 PM
  Subject: Re: [Blind-Computing] What is hibernate and standby?

  Stand-by or "sleep" depending on your Windows Operationg System just lets
  the computer rest.  Applications are still open.

  Hibernate lets everything rest.  It has more to do with the hard drive.
  That is what I have been told.  Hope this makes sense.
  "A merry heart does good like medicine, but a broken spirit dries the
  bones."