I should have made myself more clear in that I wasn't referring to links in an
email program but rather links found in a website.  Since I wrote to the list
yesterday, I have discovered that I can open the link by hitting the right
mouse key and selecting open; then if I use the left mouse key I can open the
link in question.  My question then is what is wrong with my  settings such
that I have to use the mouse buttons rather than the enter key; no more than a
month ago I could hit the enter key and things would work just fine.  This kind
of stuff makes me hate computers.

Dan