Thanks for the information. I use CDEX for ripping full commercial CD's I have, but unfortunately all these CD's I have were a hodge-podge of songs that I had on my computer. Oh well, It will be fun to be surprised by each track when I rip them.

Thanks again,

Ken.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Don Marang" <donald.mar...@gmail.com>
To: <blind-computing@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Monday, August 30, 2010 8:55 AM
Subject: Re: [Blind-Computing] getting song information from home made CD's

If you burned the MP3 files to an audio CD the tag information such as title is lost. You can easily ripthe songs from the audio CD back to a MP3 file. Give it a try, perhaps the ripping software has gotten smarter and can recognize the individual songs. Software that rips songs from a CD uses a bunch of information from an entire commercial CD to recognize the CD. It looks this information, like the length of each song, to match it to known CDs in a datavase on the Internet. The database then can provide the tag information for each song. If the songs on the CD you burnt were a mix from several commercial CDs, it is probably impossible.

Don Marang

There is just so much stuff in the world that, to me, is devoid of any real substance, value, and content that I just try to make sure that I am working on things that matter.
Dean Kamen