I am needing some help for my sister's computer. She has an Acer laptop
running Vista home.

She had Office 2007 trial version on her unit and then her son tried to
download the office  2010 trial version and then he got an error message.

So he unloaded the 2007 version and tried the 2010 trial version and just
got an error, so when he tried to reinstall the 2007 version he got an set
up error. She tried the restore the laptop but said nothing happened.

Any suggestions that I could do before she takes it to the Best buy geek
squad? I hate for her to put money out if there is a chance that I could
help.

Kathy