Thank you for your help; I tried the steps but with no luck; I'm not a computer wizzard so I think I'll give up for now; could I solve the problem by getting goggle chrome and installing it again? thanks again,

Dan
----- Original Message ----- From: "Melissa " <jamand...@izoom.net>
To: <blind-computing@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Sunday, November 14, 2010 9:55 AM
Subject: Re: [Blind-Computing] the download link will notactivate fromwithin outlook express;

Ok, here are the steps, and the link from whence it came.

If you received this error after uninstalling any application that takes
over the HTML open command (including, but not limited to, Chrome & Firefox
browsers) you may also need to change the HTM/HTML association in the
registry.
Start, click Run, type Regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.
Browse to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\.html
Right click the value for the .html key and select Modify...
Change the value from "ChromeHTML" to "htmlfile" (or from FireFoxHTML to
htmlfile)
Repeat these steps for htm and .shtml keys if they exist. You may also want
to check the xhtml and xhtm keys.

Here is the link to the knowledge-based article;
http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm#reg2
Take care,
Melissa
Melissa Riley