Thanks for the help; I went to options, then to the read page, but I didn't see anything about html; the closist thing I saw was, read messages in plain text but that was unchecked; how in the world could I have done this?

Dan
----- Original Message ----- From: "heather kd5cbl" <kd5...@gmail.com>
To: <blind-computing@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Sunday, November 14, 2010 11:59 AM
Subject: Re: [Blind-Computing] the download linkwillnotactivate fromwithin outlook express;

I was just thinking after all the steps if they did not work, there is one more but you may have already done this. In outlook express, if you don't have set on read all messages in HTML checked, you cant use the links by pushing inter. You have to go to the options tab under tools and go to the reading tab, check the read all messages in HTML and go to apply. Than try to use the links in the messages. Heather