I'm sorry for, unintentionally starting a problem. All I wanted to do was learn
how to do a sign that I've heard of, but had never used before.

The situation is this:

I acquired a cell phone, recently. A friend asked me for the model number and
associated information

The pound sign appears as part of the information. The information is as
follows:

Verizon: Convoy CO.U. 640 pound sign 1-1.

Not knowing how to produce the pound sign, I turned to you, always helpful,
folks for help, and created a mess. For this, I truly and sincerely apologize.

Cliff Smales