Cliff,

My sincerest apologies, the key sequences I offered were incorrect. The correct key sequences (for Excel) are:

   current date - <CONTROL>+<;>
   current Time - <CONTROL>+<SHIFT>+<;>

Lest those lines are confusing, the basic sequence is to use the control key along with the semi-colon key, that will insert the current date; if you include the <SHIFT> key in the key sequence the current time will be inserted.
----
Holland's Person, Bill
E-Mail: billgal...@centurytel.net
- "Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." - US Humorist, Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)