Hello, Karen:

From my limited experience, you'll need two things.

1. a patch chord one end of which will fit into the USB port on your computer.

2. an adapter plug that will fit on the end that would go into your recorder.

3. Possibly, you can obtain a patch chord, already made, fit for the purpose.

Possibly, Radio Shack can help you in either of these directions.

Cliff Smales

----- Original Message ----- From: "karen schrade" <kschr...@sbcglobal.net>
To: "blind computing" <blind-computing@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2011 10:47 AM
Subject: [Blind-Computing] moving cassette tape recording to the computer

can someone tell me, in excruciating detail, what i need to move a copy of a
cassette recording onto my computer? I am using XPsp3 and jaws 11. i made
tapes of my children when they were toddlers. Now that my son has a son of
his own, he wants copies of my cassettes on a cd. foolishly, i'd recorded
the tapes using a 4 track recorder so i don't think i can take them to a
service that does this kind of thing. Thanks for any help. Karen