The cord you have probably won't work for this purpose.  The mike cord would
be kind of an if sort of a deal as it would pick up a lot of background
noise and nothing in stereo to say nothing of a 4 track system.

David Ferrin

From: blind-computing-boun...@jaws-users.com
[mailto:blind-computing-boun...@jaws-users.com] On Behalf Of Desiree Oudinot
Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2011 1:51 PM
To: blind-computing@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [Blind-Computing] moving cassette tape recording to the
computer

Can a cord be used that connects to the microphone jack of your computer?
Would that make it pick up the sound? I've been wanting to do this myself
but don't feel like buying an expensive USB turn table for the purpose. I
know that I have a cord somewhere that has 3 plugs on one end which are all
color coded and then the other end has one connector. I remember using it to
get my stereo speakers to be the output for my DVD player. I don't know if
this makes sense because I'm not really sure how to explain it, but I'd
appreciate any help you can give me.